The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Least Favorite 2nd Edition WEG Book
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Least Favorite 2nd Edition WEG Book Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nico_Davout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnjonnzz wrote:
Cracken's Threat Dossier

Why?

Han Solo shot first, midichlosomething do not exist, Rebel Alliance was created as in the WEG books and indoctrination theory is the true ending of ME3.
schnarre
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Least favorite 2nd Ed. book: Hmmmnnnnn, let's see:

...I might say actually Darkstryder. Though the campaign was an interesting one, the inability to alter any of the established characters from the chronicle's ultimate plotline (even if you played them) was a turn-off. I'll use the stats for NPCs, but take other stuff completely out so players can play ship's officers & crew without having their stats set in cement throughout.
mdlake
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oof. Ultimate plotline was a problem for Torg, too. WEG would collect reports from its many players and establish a canon from that. A sense that your table contributes to a larger developing universe sounds great...right up to the moment your players fail to steal/destroy/rescue/convert/discover the Big McGuffin while the rest of the Torg players succeed (or vice versa), and all future products are inconsistent with your campaign.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing i hated about the dark empire source book, was it didn't seem to have stats in it, for those 'droid' like robots (the crab ones) the new republic used to storm Byss. At least not that i saw.
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The viper droids were in Dark empire 2 which i believe came out after the source book was published.

Dark empire was one of my favorites not for the story but the wonderful way the source book was presented and all the great fleshing out of the emperor. It was the first time at least for me we got to see a little into what made him tick. Wallace had a great blog about this found here. http://geekosity.blogspot.com/2007/08/underappreciated-star-wars-writers.html

least favorite..... man that's hard as I think there are redeemable things out of pretty much everything west end published but i would probably have to throw my hat into the Cotg ring. Most of those creatures i would never use, though there were some stand outs.
Jame Rowe
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'd like to add my vote for the Jedi Academy book too.

But bear in mind that I don't think that they should have let Kevin J Anderson write any SW books for adults (he seems a great children's writer but not so much for adult stuff).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: