The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Things to do on Tattooine when your dead..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Things to do on Tattooine when your dead..
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Things to do on Tattooine when your dead.. Reply with quote

Im runnint Tattooine Manhunt pretty soon. Several of my players have played the adventure, but that was over 15 years ago I guess... However, one of my players have GM:d the adventure and claims to know the entire plot. So, I was thinking of mixing it around a little, and adding a few things of my own. Im starting with rewriting some of the NPCs (Labria for example) and switching their roles a bit.

But I also need a few new ideas to incorporate. I was thinking of having the players arrive at the same time as a Pod Race as a backdrop, but need more ideas. So, what can you do on Tattooine?
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a desert. in the middle of no where... pirates / thieves everywhere...

not a whole lot...

could have someone order a snow man Wink

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Tatooine Manhunt Reply with quote

This is from a another thread devoted to this adventure...

Whill wrote:
This is a classsic. I have ran this adventure for many different gaming groups since it first came out in 1988, a total of 6 times IIRC. I changed the plot up a couple times for players who had played in it before, and also just for fun.

At least one time, Old Arno the scout, was revealed at the end to really be Adar Tallon himself in disguise. He was testing the PCs to see if they could trusted as real Rebels devoted to the cause and not just geedy hunters that would turn him in for the reward. He also wanted to make sure that his modified X-95 Headhunters and perhaps other secrets/advantages would not fall into the wrong hands.

At least one other time as a twist, the Rebels had gotten to Fort Tusken and discovered that it wasn't really Adar Tallon there. Adar Tallon was still dead or missing, and it was really Walex Blissex, designer of the Victory-class Star Destroyer who had crashed landed on the planet. He was the one who modified the Z-95's, and the adventure ended when the Rebels were captured with Blissex by the Empire, to segue into the StarFall and then Crisis on Cloud City adventures (making Tatooine Manhunt into the fist part in a trilogy of "Blissex" adventures).

At least one time I combined the the above two ideas. Tallon came out of hiding to meet with his old pal Blissex, who wanted Tallon to join the Rebellion. They crashed on Tatooine together and Tallon posed as Old Arno to test the Rebels before taking them to Fort Tusken where Blissex was.

In yet another parallel universe, Adar Tallon was hunted and recovered by Rebels on another planet in an original adventure of my own devising. Then one of those Rebels with a different team later went to Tatooine to rescue Talon's wife but the adventure otherwise played out normally.

And in one campaign where the players all played members of a bounty hunting guild, the players were the hunters and competed against an NPC Rebel team.

I was able to enjoy this adventure in every incarnation I ran it.

Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:46 am    Post subject: Re: Tatooine Manhunt Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
This is from a another thread devoted to this adventure...

Whill wrote:
This is a classsic. I have ran this adventure for many different gaming groups since it first came out in 1988, a total of 6 times IIRC. I changed the plot up a couple times for players who had played in it before, and also just for fun.

At least one time, Old Arno the scout, was revealed at the end to really be Adar Tallon himself in disguise. He was testing the PCs to see if they could trusted as real Rebels devoted to the cause and not just geedy hunters that would turn him in for the reward. He also wanted to make sure that his modified X-95 Headhunters and perhaps other secrets/advantages would not fall into the wrong hands.

At least one other time as a twist, the Rebels had gotten to Fort Tusken and discovered that it wasn't really Adar Tallon there. Adar Tallon was still dead or missing, and it was really Walex Blissex, designer of the Victory-class Star Destroyer who had crashed landed on the planet. He was the one who modified the Z-95's, and the adventure ended when the Rebels were captured with Blissex by the Empire, to segue into the StarFall and then Crisis on Cloud City adventures (making Tatooine Manhunt into the fist part in a trilogy of "Blissex" adventures).

At least one time I combined the the above two ideas. Tallon came out of hiding to meet with his old pal Blissex, who wanted Tallon to join the Rebellion. They crashed on Tatooine together and Tallon posed as Old Arno to test the Rebels before taking them to Fort Tusken where Blissex was.

In yet another parallel universe, Adar Tallon was hunted and recovered by Rebels on another planet in an original adventure of my own devising. Then one of those Rebels with a different team later went to Tatooine to rescue Talon's wife but the adventure otherwise played out normally.

And in one campaign where the players all played members of a bounty hunting guild, the players were the hunters and competed against an NPC Rebel team.

I was able to enjoy this adventure in every incarnation I ran it.

Some really great idea here! Thanks a bunch. Even though I have a player on the boads (who has promised to stay out of the GM section though) its enough to mix around so that no one will be able to foresee the plot..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: