The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Having great time!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Having great time!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GMgreatness
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:25 am    Post subject: Having great time!! Reply with quote

Just wanted to say I have been busy the last week or so getting my new campaign hammered out and having the time of my life doing it!!

This is the first campaign I have ran or played in for roughly 4 years. I have a group of 5 players that all love Star Wars but have never played theis version of the Rpg. We have 3 out of the 5 PCs done and ready for some action, the last two will happen sometime this week. This group is chomping at the bit to play!

I just wanted to say Thank You! to all that contribute to this site and others that keep this classic game alive. I have found so many amazingly cool fan fiction books, tools, logs, charts etc, that have made this experience easier and so enjoyable. I can't wait till next month when we get to start game play. I still have a lot to get ready, but the hard stuff is done. Thanks fellow Rancor Pit members for all you do!!

I have loved this game since right before 2.0, and will play off and on for the rest of my life. Sadly life happens sometimes (like um, med school) and you just don't have time to play like you wish. With the skirmish game from Wotc over, and a lighter school load, I look forward to dwelving back into the Galaxy Far Far away that I love so much!

Thanks for listening, and I am back to Npc creation!!

and That is why you fail...
hisham
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs up!
hazardchris
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Care to share any details of the campaign with us? I'm always interested to hear the stories that other GMs create for their Star Wars campaigns.

I sometimes make pictures. [REQUESTS CLOSED]
GMgreatness
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here are a few details. I am using the Twin Stars of Kira for the campaign's location, and the local flora, fauna, planets, and hyperspace lanes. But not much else. The adventures provided are meh at best, and we are playing in the year between Empire and Jedi not New Republic timeline. We are smack in between the Hydian Way and the Corellian Run, and the Rimma Trade Route intersects near by as well. There are 4 or 5 famous Systems in the area, Sullust, Eriadu(Tarkin's home world, and Coruscant of the Outer Rim), Malastere(yeah Dugs!), and Naboo. Plus a dozen or so really close by systems that we will be spending more time on than anywhere else. Though the ocassional trip to one of the more famous worlds will occur. If you know your Star Wars history then you know there is at some point during this year, a Rebel fleet massing near Sullust, so that will be visited, but mostly at the start of this the PCs are going to be dealing with a nasty band of Pirates lead by Kird Telak known as the Dread Raiders. They have built a base in the Asteroid fields of the Kira system and are terrorizing the Kira Run, Enarc Run, and Harrin Trade Corridor.
The PC's are playing Fringers, we have a smuggler, a Tiss' sharr tourist(think Velociraptor), Female Twi'lek Assassin, Old and Grumpy former Null Arc, Gungan Bounty Hunter, and a retired Imperial Bureucrat. So no official ties to the Rebellion. How do you get such a Motley crew together? Have them taken prisoner while on a Starliner traveling the Enarc run on the way to Naboo, by a group of Pirates who are bent of making money any way they can including Slavery. So we have a Smuggler who is in debt and had his ship impounded trying to figure out how to get it back, a tiss'shar tourist that is on vacation seeing the galaxy along the Hydian way. He starts on his homeworld in the Corporate Sector and makes his way down the Hydian Way with many stops including Mandalore and Coruscant, he is bent on seeing Naboo before having to return home to work. We also have an old Null Arc running away from his former life, his diminishing skills have driven him to stimulent use, to help feel like his old self, a Twi'lek who has been working the space lanes looking for her next mark and job, which should be passing through on a Starliner at some point soon, and a retired Imperial on his way to see the great Emperor Palpatine's homeworld, to get a sense of how it all started. Lastly a Gungan Bounty Hunter on his way home, after seeing the galaxy, and not getting any respect, HOW RUDE!

Much to their dismay that find themselves a few days later in a line were a Twi'lek Slavermaster/auctioneer and Lt. to Kird walks with his Captain and bodyguards, down their line, giving value estimates and out right killing those believed to be of no value. A couple of new slaves are selected for the evenings entertainment(the tiss' shar being one of them). The new acquisitions are invited to sit in shackles and watch as the unfortunate slaves are lead into an arena, where two hungry and angry acklays are about to be released upon them. The Twi'lek slaver thought it rather funny to see a dinosaur like species fighting with another dinosaur species. Besides it is a great lesson to the other slaves to keep them in line until they can be sold.

We will go from there, they PCs will of course be put into slave pins with those who also survived the earlier culling (including some npcs including a Rebel Specforce agent who is undercover) and figure out a way to escape.

While they may do some damage to the base, I don't plan on letting them kill off the pirates or fully destroy their base at this point. They will be reoccurring villians, and all is not as it seems, there is a more dark and sinister leader behind the Pirate group known as the Dread Raiders. He will reveal himself in time....

As far as Imperials go, I hope to get them involved in the second story arc, I haven't figured that out at this point.

So far so good!!

and That is why you fail...
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds fun.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: