The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Conversions - The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Conversions - The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostboy wrote:
gry the felucian force blast is over powered when compared to force lightning, Alter D in damage and no darkside point vs 1/2 Alter and a darkside point. Also because the felucian camouflage is simply the use of the disguise skill, applying body paint and the like and they only have experiance using it on their home world, i don't think it should be a special ability.

Having a disguise specialization might be more in line with there abilities, if you must make it into a special ability you might want to consider adding a time to use to the ability for each new environment (Must adjust camouflage to the new surroundings).

I think you make good points. Comparing the Force Blast and Force Lightning powers in d20, it seem the Force Blast is actually supposed to be weaker than Force Lightning. But considering how underpowered Force Llightning is in D6, I think it's only fair to make the Force Blast about the same thing, so half the Alter score.

Regarding the camouflage ability, I think all it needs it adding that the ability is only applied to vegetation environments.

What do you think?
Amra
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thinking in terms of game mechanics, what would the difficulty be in pulling down and crashing an ISD from low orbit?
Double Heroic (62+) for like 24 consecutive rounds?
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, to take down one SSD it only takes one critical fumble on a piloting check...

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I'll take your little silly challenge.

So, what's the weight of a Star Destroyer? Eyeballing it, I'd say you can fit about 80 Nimitz-class Aircraft Carriers in there. Since each one of those weigh about 100,000 tons, the Star Destroyer should weigh about 8 million tons.

It takes an Heroic Alter roll to move an object weighing 10 to 100 tons. If we consider, as is usually the case, that it's +5 for each additional increment after that, then it's +5 for every 100 tons after that.

So, the final call is it takes an Heroic+400,000 Alter roll to bring down a Star Destroyer.

GO WILD DIE!

(Technically it's Heroic+399,995 but at this point I don't think it really matters...)
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

technically that is to lift a destroyer. to bring it down you have to fight the repulsors! but you do have gravity assisting you. besides if your smart, youll just attack the repulsors and let gravity do the rest Smile

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Amra
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's sort of the beauty of the d6 system. You can at least try something without getting bogged down in overly technical rules. Give it a number at let the player try it. I think you could alternatively assign Heroid Difficulty then add the Ships piloting skill to try to break the pull, almost like a tractor beam break.

Besides, according to Yoda, size matters not.
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say that you could use heroic for 10 to 100 then each increment could be set at 10 times the previous so heroic +5 for 100 to 1000 tons e.t.c. then the the weight modifier is heroic +25. Of coarse that ignores the range modifiers which is just silly.
Rerun941
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Size matters not!"

(Hey, somebody had to say it.) Very Happy
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostboy wrote:
I'd say that you could use heroic for 10 to 100 then each increment could be set at 10 times the previous so heroic +5 for 100 to 1000 tons e.t.c. then the the weight modifier is heroic +25. Of coarse that ignores the range modifiers which is just silly.

From most examples presented by WEG, the +5 increments after Heroic difficulty always reflect a constant increase similar in amount to the increment from Very Difficult to Heroic, not a an exponential increase like the progression from Very Easy to Heroic.
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know gry im just offering an alternet house rule set to help the "size matters not" seem more resonable in d6.

A word on force lightning, in order to knock out a tie fighter with force lighning it requires 2d fighter scale damage wich means 8d character scale and thusly 16d in Alter. And as Starkiller uses force lightning all the time without penelty it is just possible that it dose not cause an increase in dark side points, in the d6 system this is possile and is done by the dathomire witches spell of lightning, with Starkillers affinity for the force he may have instictivly descovered a simmilar alternate way of knowing the force.
strongarm85
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think about "Unleashed Points"?

The basic idea is to use an Unleashed Point to make a seemingly impossible action possible. And to earn an Unleashed Point you might have to convert 10 or more Force points into an Unleashed point. Additionally, you could even then say, that they can only be earned under special story circumstances such as falling to the dark side or beginning the path of redemption, or some other major circumstance.

What the Unleashed Point does is it makes an impossible action possible. So Marek pulling down the Star Destroyer, instead of requiring like a 400,000 roll, instead requires a 40. And of course you still have the problem of actually making the roll even after all that.

An example from outside the game of using an Unleashed point would be Kyp Durran pulling the Sun Crusher out of Yavin. Much later a Jedi Master Kyp Durran from Legacy of the Force series was pretty sure that he could not replicate the feat after 20 years more of training and experience.

Of course you still have the problem of actually making the roll. The roll itself would still have the normal rules applied to it. So even though you've spent your unleashed point that you spent all that time trying to earn, you can still mess up your roll, or hit a one on a Wild Die.

For instance instead of bringing the Sun Crusher to him, old Kyp here could have lost control at the last minute and turned into a pile of mush as when the Sun Crusher accidentally falls on him.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that's the sort of game you want to run, then you could house rule it that way for that particular game.

I find it interesting that even WotC (for all their usual broken rule mongering) has developed a narrative approach to unleashed powers. The characters have to have a destiny point (not unlike a Force point), and they can only use the unleashed power to help them achieve their stated destiny (or destinies).

P.S.
Sorry, I haven't been active in the conversions or conversations lately, I've been out of town.
Amra
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had a wacky idea. I like the idea of converting Force Points into Unleashed Points, though, building up 10 FPs could take a while. So what if when you use an Unleashed Point, you double your rolling dice as you would a FP but then all of your dice effectively become wild dice and you reroll ALL 6s, as you would the wild die. The only complication concern would be a 1 on the normal wild die.
ifurin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i haven't played the game yet (i would like to though) but from what i've read and heard the force is designed to be amped up to levels beyond normal. hence the "force unleashed" title. it's not supposed to fit into a normal star wars setting. if you want to play force unleashed style why cant you just triple the effects of the powers?
Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Force Unleashed doesn't really fit into the CANON Star Wars universe, at least in my opinion. I know its cannon, but come on so is the Christmas Special. The Force Powers are way over the top. Starkiller "at least in the game" appears to be more powerful than anyone else in the star wars universe. Including the Emperor/Darth Vader/Yoda/Mace Windu.... you name it. So the idea of having FU "Force Unleashed" Points seems a mute point. It also reeks of Munchkinism (Spelling?).... Power Gaming to the MAX!!!

http://www.box.net/shared/cn6f7sdkog
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: