The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Twice wounded..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Twice wounded..
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like the double wound better than single wound?
Yes
88%
 88%  [ 16 ]
No
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 18

DarthMortis
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Twice wounded.. Reply with quote

What book is this rule in, because all my friends and I play 2nd edition D6, and have always just done Stunned, Wounded, Incapacitated, Mortally Wounded and Dead. Could someone explain to me how being wounded twice works? Because I would like to discuss this with my group if I find it better for the game over all than the regular system we use.

Thanks in advance for any help.

"I believe the Jedi are weak so they give up their emotions. I believe the Sith are weak so they give up to their emotions. I lay somewhere in the middle, not afraid to keep my emotions, but afraid to lose myself in them." - Daroth Mortanis
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

single wound, -1D to all actions, double would -2D to all actions. triple would - Incapacitated

To achieve multiple wounds you must be wounded more then once (on the damage chart) and they just add on top of each other.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Twice wounded.. Reply with quote

DarthMortis wrote:
What book is this rule in

Second Edition, Revised and Expanded.

It works the way that Vong said; it adds a second wound level/penalty between Wounded and Incapacitated. Basically, it allows you to stay i the fight slightly longer... or get away. I tend to be a 2nd Ed. player, without using R&E rules, but we often hybridize the rule sets as well, including using the 2nd wound penalty. I don't really find it changes the dynamic of the game too much.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus it adds another level of survivability..
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added double wounded as a house rule all the way back in 1988, and it worked the same as the offical rule. It's like they could read my mind, on that and a lot of other game mechanics I devised.

The current version of D6 (i.e. D6 Space, etc.) also has the rule that the # of wound levels for GCs and which wound levels they each have are determined by the GM and depend on how important they are. So PCs have all the wound levels (including double wounded) as would very important GCs. But less important characters (like stormtroopers) don't have double wounded, so if wounded then another wound goes strait to incapacitated or whatever the next level is, etc. Each would level has the same effects as it does. I don't think stormtroopers need mortally wounded, so they can go strait from incapacitated to dead.

I really like the freedom this gives to the GM to add an additional dimension of scale to the game.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
FightingCorsair
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely forgot it wasn't in second edition.

I also use a hybrid of both 2nd and R&E.
DarthMortis
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the responses. I will talk to my current GM and see what he thinks about it. My group is all about changing rules, and experimenting. I know a lot of you won't like this, but I had an idea for a health system for D6, the Wounded etc. would still come into play. If anyone is interesting I will post what I have thought of so far. Keep in mind if you do read it, that it hasn't been play tested yet, and I might have to change some stuff after I play test it.
"I believe the Jedi are weak so they give up their emotions. I believe the Sith are weak so they give up to their emotions. I lay somewhere in the middle, not afraid to keep my emotions, but afraid to lose myself in them." - Daroth Mortanis
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: