The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

original "Introduce Yourself" thread
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> original "Introduce Yourself" thread Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard. I'll be happy to help you out, if I knew what the Star Wars timeline Gold was/is. I'm sure someone here will know. Very Happy

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
k1darkknight
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry 'bout that...edited original post to link to the Star Wars Timeline Gold. Basically, I'm looking for some details about the various books that were published by West End Games, primarily about their version of the Star Wars Roleplaying Game. I've posted inquiries on their forums, but they don't have the Star Wars license any more (Wizards of the Coast holds the RPG license currently), so their website itself has no info about that stuff. My original post on here was just to ask where it would be most appropriate/effective to post questions about that sort of stuff.
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me know when you guys are compiling the "Han Shoots First!" timeline, and I'll be glad to help you out.
Twisted Evil
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k1darkknight wrote:
Sorry 'bout that...edited original post to link to the Star Wars Timeline Gold. Basically, I'm looking for some details about the various books that were published by West End Games, primarily about their version of the Star Wars Roleplaying Game. I've posted inquiries on their forums, but they don't have the Star Wars license any more (Wizards of the Coast holds the RPG license currently), so their website itself has no info about that stuff. My original post on here was just to ask where it would be most appropriate/effective to post questions about that sort of stuff.

Yeah, it's a tough call with the way that the forums are laid out. However, the Tools discussion is where we usually talk about books and fanbooks.

Please feel free to stir up any discussion of the books in there. Right now I think we're going into a bit of a dry spell. Most of our fan projects are either completed or stalled. It would be nice to see something that gets us back into the swing of things. Smile
Go Dorito
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there folks,

Brand spanking new. I fear I did this out of order and jumped straight to the GM section.

So, my current gaming group is taking a hiatus from our Fantasy game: 1) to get a breather after a somewhat tempestuous run, and 2) Let the GM play.

We batted around a number of ideas and settled on Star Wars. Some folks wanted D20, but I have so many of the old D6 books. After much debate there was a decision for D6. Then I realized I hadn't run a D6 game in almost a decade, so I started looking for resources. Wookieepedia and this place are so far the two greatest things ever.

So, Howdy.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy right back at ya!

Welcome to the Pit. Hope you're already familiar with my Stats line of books, which many find quite useful.
Go Dorito
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not. Might I inquire as to a link?
noctum_carpe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Dorito wrote:
Hello there folks,

Brand spanking new. I fear I did this out of order and jumped straight to the GM section.

So, my current gaming group is taking a hiatus from our Fantasy game: 1) to get a breather after a somewhat tempestuous run, and 2) Let the GM play.

We batted around a number of ideas and settled on Star Wars. Some folks wanted D20, but I have so many of the old D6 books. After much debate there was a decision for D6. Then I realized I hadn't run a D6 game in almost a decade, so I started looking for resources. Wookieepedia and this place are so far the two greatest things ever.

So, Howdy.

Ah, the joy of D6 i return to it again and again Very Happy

You may fire when ready
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find Gry's stats books in the tools section under stats books (I think).

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Go Dorito
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boo and Yah.
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit late with this, as I've already been posting in the Rebel Uprising section a bit, but I forgot make any attempt at introductions outside of that section of the forums. Recently I started wishing I had some people to enjoy the Star Wars roleplaying game with, and eventually found my way here. It seems like a great group of people with an interest that I can wholeheartedly approve of. Wink I think I'll stick around.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, equally belatedly, welcome aboard! It's good to have you in the game and on the board!
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'm really enjoying myself here; I wish I had found this site earlier. Very Happy
Orpheus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone! My name is Matthew, I'm an accountant and I'm from Atlanta. I just recently got back into playing d6 Star Wars after a long hiatus. I used to play a lot in high school and a little bit in college, and starting rpg'ing again a bit in 2006. I've been playing some Casltes & Crusades, decided to run a d6 Star Wars games for a friend, and found myself on your forums here. So far, I really like what I've found and everyone actually seems civil. Very Happy
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a nice community. Welcome to it! if you have any questions, there are many knowledgeable people here, so feel free to ask!

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 17 of 64

Jump to: