The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

New races.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> New races. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a new one...

The Cynazo.
Racial specifics: Attribute min/max – Dex 2d+1/4d+1, Know 1d/3d, Mech 2d/4d, Per 3d/5d, Str 2d/4d, Tech 2d/4d. Move 9/13. Immune to stun weapons, takes 1d extra damage from fire weapons, and also takes +2 extra from physical damage. Lastly, has an Eighty year max lifespan.
Role playing this race: The Cynazo are a race of near humans, that hail from the unknown regions. A rare few of their kind, have decided to take an interest/hand in the affairs of the known systems, and at any one time, 4-7 are out amongst the Known systems. Only 4 remained during the time of the rebellion, 2 being pirates, and 2 working with the Hutts. They love money, and are very cunning in getting it. They hate death, but are not adverse to killing foes. Their preference in combat is for stunning, and tying up opponents, and they will only resort to melee or non stunning weapons if their lives seem under threat, though they also love duels (swords mostly). They will respond to threats by normally triggering stun grenades, which they are immune to.
Those in charge of others, will use their rank to make them also comply with these beliefs.
Liam (Gunman) Kissane
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ejacobs....good point about the Noghri.....
Never had the problem of that before as most of my players want to play humans or Trianni or the like.
But I like the "rule" .... 18d for all.
......adds that one to the list......
Admiral Andersen
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Noghri Reply with quote

Just don't allow your players to play power-gaming races as Noghri, Duinuogwuin (star dragon), female Trianii etc.

You are the master.

Unless you like to play hack 'n slash of course.
Ejacobs
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the one guy we had who played a noghri commando, was bad@$$! He once leapt off a landing platform, stuck a vibroknife into the hull of a shuttle and proceeded to hack his way inside with his vibroaxe. Those imps were pretty surprised when he showed up in the cockpit behind them. But yeah, pretty much outdistanced the rest of us.

E
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How was he able to stay attacked, since a Vibro axe is iirc, a 2 handed weapon?
Ejacobs
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't know about the vibroaxe, but his vibroknife stuck in the hull and he held on. There were some pretty fantastic dice rolls, and the GM was (I think) as stunned as we were and rewarded his tenacity. That guy was fierce.

E
Admiral Andersen
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A vibroknife has a maximum damage of 6D, and an Imperial shuttle has a hull code of 4D. With scale modifier that is 10D. And with the use of a characterpoint or two, and a little luck, I can see it can be done... But, come on! I would not have allowed that. Hacking thru the hull of a spaceship... Why didn't they just fly into space?

That's what I mean... Powergaming destroyes good roleplaying.
Ejacobs
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't deny it wasn't power gaming, but that's the type of game we were playing. Hack-n-blast in the Star Wars genre. We were having fun at the time.

As for hull die codes vs vibro axes, no space ship is going to be able to resist that type of punishment for long. Anyhow, it was cool when it happened, over a decade ago.

E
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admiral Andersen wrote:
A vibroknife has a maximum damage of 6D, and an Imperial shuttle has a hull code of 4D. With scale modifier that is 10D. And with the use of a characterpoint or two, and a little luck, I can see it can be done... But, come on! I would not have allowed that. Hacking thru the hull of a spaceship... Why didn't they just fly into space?

That's what I mean... Powergaming destroyes good roleplaying.

You don't even have to go that far, just upper atmosphere, where the air is both thin and cold as heck, that he would have died from air axphixica (loss of it) or the cold before he could have done anything about it.
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure most of us have played in a game where someone took the GM by total surprise with completely flukey rolls. I know I've been in a few.

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.. Did a bit of re-writing on this one. Got too many negative comments on the 'moon' locking for the vodonni.. also only 1 player liked the 'uhraa part of them... so remove it too.

Vodoni. (pronounced voo-dnigh)

Vodoni are a humanoid race of wolf men, similar to the Shishaven, hailing from the planet Shrrik in the Dubialon system, near the galactic boundary. They average 6 ft 5” and 270lb, and their fur tone ranges from sandy blond all the way to dusty gray. When the imperials first came across them, they were treated harshly, but unlike the Wookies, were not automatically put into slavery. In the years since, many have found their way into gladiator arenas, as ship security personnel/chiefs and as bodyguards. Only in 2 systems, are they actively put to slavery, and those systems use them exclusively for gladiator fighting.
The Race has a tribal culture, not unlike the native Americans used to, and until only recently was very primitive. They worship many animals, and even the moon of their home world. The Moon, who they call Lu’enanni, has special ties to those Vodonni who become sensitive to the force (and users of it), as their Birth Phase grants them certain benefits and hindrance. They have a strange outlook on the force, and at times worship both it’s light side, which they call Gnos, reflecting compassion and understanding. The Dark side, called Sspirl, reflects their internal rage and fury. While both are seen as necessary, and even those Jedi who turn to the dark side are not shunned, any Vodonni who keep to it exclusively are hunted and killed.
The Vodoni have a Honor system akin to the Wookie life debt, but unlike a wookie’s Life debt, it does not extend to the family or offspring of the individual to whom it is owned. The race is called the Vodoni, while Vodonni is for them in a singular capacity.

RPG statistics:
Dexterity 3D to 5D
Knowledge 1D+2 to 3D+1
Mechanical 2D to 3D+2
Perception 2D+2 to 4D+1
Strength 3D to 5D
Technical 2D to 3D+1

All Vodonni regardless of template, get certain benefits. They get Claw damage of Str+2D, Bite damage of Str+1D, and due to heightened Olfactory and auditory senses, gains +1d to sound and smell checks, but suffers -1d to seeing checks (which does include ranged combat) due to poor eyesight.

Templates.
Gladiator
Dex 3d+2, Bow, Brawl parry, Dodge, Melee, Melee parry, Running, Thrown weapons.
Know 2d+1, Alien species, Intimidation, Languages, Survival, Willpower, Gladiator arena lore.
Mech 2d+2, Beast riding and ground vehicle ops.
Per 3d, Command, Search, Sneak.
Str 3d+2, Brawl, Climb/jump, Stamina.
Tech 2d+2, Armor repair, Bow repair, Melee weapon repair, Ground vehicle repair, First aid.
Starting equipment; Gladiator chest plate (+1D+2 physical +1D energy from the front, +2 physical +1 energy from the rear, No dex penalty), Gladiator arm sheath (+1D phys +2 energy to that arm), 2 Melee weapons of choice (Only 1 can be a vibro weapon, 1 Strength bow (Str+1d, 3/6/9 yards per pip for short/med/long range) with 30 arrows, and a loin cloth. 250 credits standard.

Ships security officer
Dex 3d, Blaster, Brawl parry, Dodge, Grenade, Melee, Melee parry, Thrown weapons.
Know 2d+1, Alien species, Bureaucracy, Languages, Law enforcement, Streetwise.
Mech 3d+1, Communications, Astrogation or Repulsor ops, Starship gunnery, Starship shields.
Per 3d, Bargain, Command, Hide, Search, Sneak.
Str 3d+1, Brawl, Climb/jump, Lifting, Stamina.
Tech 3d Armor repair, blaster repair, Computer prog/repair, First aid, Demolitions, Security, starship weapon repair.

Starting equipment; 1 Blaster pistol (4D), 1 Melee weapon of players choice (vibro or unpowered, 7d max damage), ID, 500 credits std.

Explorer
Dex 3d, Bow, Brawl parry, Dodge, Grenade, Melee, Melee parry.
Know 3d+1, Languages, Planetary systems, Survival.
Mech 2d+1, Communications, Repulsor ops, Starship shields, Starship Gunnery, Space transports.
Per 3d, Bargain, Intimidation, Search, Sneak.
Str 3d, Brawl, Climb/jump, Lift, Stamina, Swimming
Tech 3d+1 First aid, Space transport repair, Repulsor repair

Starting Equipment; Strength bow (Str+1d dam, 3/6/9 yards per pip for short/medium/long range), 30 arrows with quiver, Back pack, 2 Med packs, 1 Melee weapon of choice (non powered), 500 Credits std

Vodonni can take other templates, just use the attribute min/max values above, but remember, regardless of the templates normal starting cash, they only get 500 cr.

They all have a 10/14 move.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since i already resurrected one of my template threads, and my new races was here instead, i will raise this one from the grave to see what our new folk think about my new races..
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: New races. Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
The Player rolls D100, and on a 1-98, he is a standard insensitive. On a 99 or 100, he is repulsive to the force.

D100? This is a D6 game, dude.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
griff
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D6% roll 2D6, choose one to be tens space.

11-16%
21-26%
31-36%
41-46%
51-56%
61-66%

Roll 3D6 and add a decimal place eg; 43.6%
11.1/11.6-16.1/16.6%
And so on.
I came up with this after a player tried rolling D100 on me. I wanted to through his die down the toilet. Two years later it was used in galaxy guide 8: scouts, for system generation.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

griff wrote:
I came up with this after a player tried rolling D100 on me. I wanted to through his die down the toilet.

That's awesome!

griff wrote:
D6% roll 2D6, choose one to be tens space.

11-16%
21-26%
31-36%
41-46%
51-56%
61-66%

Roll 3D6 and add a decimal place eg; 43.6%
11.1/11.6-16.1/16.6%
And so on... Two years later it was used in galaxy guide 8: scouts, for system generation.

That's cool. But I was mostly just giving Gargoyle a hard time about the D100. A fundamental aspect of the D6 System is that it only needs the common everyday 6d's you get from raiding your family board games and Yatzee. You are not supposed to need to carry around 10d's or those other D&D dice to play D6. That's blasphemy!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: