The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Using the Force as a Combined Action
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Using the Force as a Combined Action
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gallandro
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject: Using the Force as a Combined Action Reply with quote

Canon sources like The Clone Wars and Rebels, as well as a number of Legends sources show the Jedi using their powers together to achieve success. I'm wondering if any one had any thoughts on using standard Combined Actions to simulate trying to break down an extremely tough minded individual?

Thoughts?

Yancy
Ning Leihrec
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think whoever was leading the action would still need to roll their command dice. Here's a link to a recent house rule on combined actions I messed around with.
http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5624
My system presupposes that an average of the participants' relevant skill dice is used to make up the base group dice which then gets the bonus, instead of the highest skilled group member's being the base as in the RAW. I think an average makes sense for your purposes, except in an example from Rebels where Ezra and Kanan work together to levitate the Jedi Temple entrance. If averaged, Ezra's dice would penalize Kanan's stats unless the trick to opening that particular temple is that only a master together with his apprentice can open it, which would make sense given the whole nature of that place.
So yeah, I think the relevant force skill dice should be averaged and then add the combined action bonus dice. In Clone Wars it was apparent that too much telepathic concentration overpowering the target's mind would cause actual damage so there's that to consider.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, by the combined action rules as is, it can be only 1 action, (long or short), with only 'reactive actions such as dodging' allowed in conjunction with it. So if the force skill they are using hits 2 or 3 force powers (C/S/ or A), imo it wouldn't qualify.

BUT we also have the example from one of the older SW novels showing Dorsk 81 combining his TK with everyone else's to hurl the fleet of Dalla away.
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And at least one power that allows combined action.

I think force light.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: